|Main Board • Guinea sees first Ebola deaths since 2016|
|14.02.2021, 09:32 - lily9889 - Rank 4 - 54 Posts
Guinea sees first Ebola deaths since 2016
Four people have died of Ebola in Guinea in the first resurgence of the disease in five years, the country's health minister said on Saturday (Feb 13).
(Auto resize: 557x991px, png)
Remy Lamah told AFP officials were "really concerned" about the deaths, the first since a 2013-2016 epidemic – which began in Guinea – left 11,300 dead across the region.
One of the latest victims in Guinea was a nurse who fell ill in late January and was buried on Feb 1, National Health Security Agency head Sakoba Keita told local media.
"Among those who took part in the burial, eight people showed symptoms: Diarrhoea, vomiting and bleeding," he said.
"Three of them died and four others are in hospital."
The four deaths from Ebola hemorrhagic fever occurred in the southeast region of Nzerekore, he said.
Keita also told local media that one patient "escaped" but had been found and hospitalised in the capital Conakry. He confirmed the comments to AFP without giving further detail.
The World Health Organization has eyed each new outbreak since 2016 with great concern, treating the most recent one in the Democratic Republic of Congo as an international health emergency.
Early Sunday, WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus tweeted that the UN health agency had been informed of two suspected cases of the deadly disease in Guinea.
"Confirmatory testing underway," the tweet said, adding that WHO's regional and country offices were "supporting readiness and response efforts".
Read details of this news here. : สูตรเด็ดเล่นสล็อต ให้ได้เงิน >>